Tuesday, May 23

I got my mind on my money, my money on my mind

Now that my date of departure has been nailed down and my apartment is nearly empty, I get to turn to the super fun part of the planning stage of TGRE (06), spending money!

I've written into my budget new camping gear, because I currently own exactly none, and it's kinda hard to camp without it. I use the term "camp" very loosely. I won't be staying in any woods, cutting anything down, or anything more stressful than putting up my tent. I fully intend to use those silly, full service, KOA type campgrounds.

I have many excuses for why I am staying in such posh luxury, but it boils down to being on the road, by myself, for extended periods of time. I will feel better knowing I am staying somewhere that at least feels safer than the woods in the middle of nowhere. I know my mother will sleep better too. The alternative is staying in hotels and I did not budget for that (well okay, I did, but then I went and quit the job that would have paid for it, so plan B it is).

But I digress.

It's time to start spending my hard earned cash on new toys! I'm going to try to do all my gear shopping while in Calgary since it will be cheaper (7% cheaper to be exact), but I am looking around Vancouver as well. There are a couple of tents I'm interested in here that I hope to find there. If I can't find what I'm after while in Calgary I'll just buy it here. I've budgeted for BC prices anyway.

Let the comparison shopping... BEGIN!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home