Tuesday, May 9

Mother the Queen of my Heart

31 days until I am in Calgary. I have 30 days to pack my shit up.

I would like to take this opportunity to publically thank my mother. She is amazing. There are no words to describe just how amazing she is. She has been so supportive, so loving and so helpful through this whole thing. I know it's breaking her heart that I am moving away from her, and yet she has done so much to help me make this move possible.

She is coming over this week to help me pack my stuff. She has contacted friends and family to organize a garage sale so I can sell the stuff I'm not taking with me. She is taking time off work and driving with me to Calgary, skipping out on her own mother's birthday weekend (long story, no guilt) to ensure that my stuff gets there because her daughter was a mighty idiot in her youth and destroyed her credit rating and now can't get a credit card to save her damn life (though I would like to point out that I am well on my way to recovery in that aspect, it's just going to take some work. I'm much more responsible now, thank you very much.) and can't rent a damn vehicle without one. She doesn't have to, but she is.

She has been amazing from the very moment I told her I was moving. She freaked out for all of 30 seconds and instantly calmed down and said to me "I know you are doing what's best for you and I support you". She has lived those words every day.

I'm sad that I am moving away just as my mum and I are getting closer. We have always been very close but there have been some major, yet subtle changes in our relationship over the last year or so. And now I'm leaving.

I could not ask for a better mother. I could not ask for more support, more love, or more encouragement. I would not be able to do what I am doing without her.

I am a very, very lucky girl, who is very, very loved.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home