Friday, May 12

Get your kicks, on Route 66

I'm nothing if not obsessive, so in my obsession I have, yet again, been looking at The Greatest Roadtrip Ever (2006 Edition). I've changed my plans a bit. I've thought long and hard about it, and as much as I really, really, really want to go to the Maritime Region, it would cost me a shit tonne of money, and a whole lot of time. I've decided to base my travels largely in the US (I'm still going to Montreal). By cutting out PEI and Newfoundland I gained almost a week. I'm going to spend more time in the places I am visiting, and I've added San Francisco. In the next few weeks I should know the date I can leave Vancouver (I'm waiting on a housesitting client. Once I find out when they have booked their return date, I will know when I can leave!), and once I know what date I will be in each area.

I am currently running on the assumption that I will be leaving from Vancouver July 5th.

I'm currently planning on visiting:

St. Paul, MN
Dawn, MO
Dawn, OH
Montreal, QC
Dawn, VA
Savannah, GA
Dawn, TX
Rio Rancho, NM
San Francisco, CA
Seattle, WA

Those are stops I am planning on making, some only for an hour, others for a day or two.

I hope to be in St. Paul by July 7th, in Virginia by July 14th and in San Francisco by July 20th.

The rest is up in the air. I know that I want to leave Seattle by July 31st.

If anybody is interested in joining me for part of the trip, I'd be more than happy to pick somebody up at an airport and drop them off, or if you're going to be in an area I'm going to be in, at the same time, hey, let's drink beer!

I will be so very happy when I can actually nail this down and stop obsessing.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home