Friday, July 15

I didn't sleep as good as I would have liked last night. I went to bed at 10, like I should, and I slept the night through, but I just didn't feel as nicely rested as I would have liked when my alarm went off. I'm going to blame it on the clouds and rain.

This morning I ate a power bar before my swim and I felt much better for it. Unlike eating food, the Powerbar didn't upset my tummy, though the Poweraid I washed it down with isn't a favourite. I also felt better while swimming. I didn't feel like I was going to bonk like I have this past week. This weekend I think I'm going to head out to MEC and pick up one of each kind of energy bar they have, and I think I might even give the gels a try. I might as well get all the testing out of the way now, find what I like and stick with it.

This morning I did some stroke drills and some sprints. I just didn't feel like working on endurance today, especially since I worked hard on the bike yesterday and I knew that I would be back on the bike later today. I really impressed myself. First thing in the pool and I felt like a slug. I worked on lengthening my stroke, rotating the hips and keeping my head down. I really focused on it. Once I felt good about what I was doing I let my stroke go to hell, counted the strokes, and I was in the 30+ range. What a piss off. So I went back to focusing on my stroke, really working at it, and started to count my strokes. First length I dropped to 28. By the end of 150 meters I managed to get it down to 25. I was so proud of myself. I don't know how much lower I can get it given how totally short I am, and I do have short arms, but if I can drop 5+ strokes with the new technique I'm using, I'll take it. Now I just need to start working on sustaining it over longer periods.

Today was my last day at the pool I've been swimming at this past month. Today or tomorrow I will be joining my local YMCA. I just hope the people that swim at the Y are as great as the people I've been swimming with.

Info regarding my biking at the gym will have to wait. Ah the joys of not having a working ibook.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home