Wednesday, July 6

Over training strikes

Swim: 300 meters?

I don't know what I did today. I swam for about 15 - 20 minutes and had to stop. My heart wasn't in it and I just felt like I was fighting the water. It wasn't worth continuing in that state.

Tomorrow I'm taking an unplanned rest day. I think my body is trying to tell me its had enough and needs some rest. I think I need to cut back on the swimming since I tend to go hard when I am out there and I don't really need to be swimming 4+ days a week. Most people need to train hard for swimming just to get comfortable with the water but that's a non-issue for me. I need to work on cycling and walking (walking will only resume once I have a nice knee brace to help my poorly tracking patella. Fucker).

So I'm going to take a look at my training schedule and cut down on the volume and work more on the intensity of my workouts, and, of course, the technique. I'm planning on joining my local Y (pending pool approval rating) and at that point I hope to add yoga to my training to help with the balance and flexibility and to spice up the crosstraining.

What a week.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home