Sunday, June 26

Weekend training

Friday: I swam at a new pool today. I decided to try the pool near my parent's house. There's something pretty great about a 50 meter pool. I thought I was going to die after 300 meters but I pushed through the wall I've been hitting lately and managed to do another 100 meters.

I was really pleased with my breathing. I'm starting to get it under control and I am not holding my breath anymore. I want to keep working on that. My knee was feeling pretty good. I need to work on more drills, less straight meters.

Saturday: I went for a run/walk. I did an easy warm up, and I did intervals of run for 60 walk for 90. The knee felt pretty good. I stretched half way through and my muscles fell pretty darn good. My quads are a bit tight, and I really need to remember to stretch out my hips more. I should also work on stretching my feet and calves out more. I was out for a total of 40 minutes but the last 10 was a nice long cool down. I felt good.

After the run I went for a two hour horse ride. My abs felt those hills, but my legs are good. I thought my knees might have been a problem but after I stretched them out they seem to be fine.

Sunday: Rest day.

0 Comments:

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home