Tuesday, July 5

Swimming:

I have no idea how many meters I put in today, and I don't really care. All I know is that it was long and I was getting frustrated near the end. I'm working on a new stroke technique and there is a lot to think about and it is getting frustrating, but I really think it's paying off. If I had to make a guess I would say that I did at least 500 meters.

My right hamstrings are sore today. When I got out of the pool they seized up into a little ball and boy did it hurt. I managed to get it stretched out nicely but for those 60 seconds I thought I was going to die of pain. I hate cramps. All the more reason to stretch properly.

I swam with my contacts in today. What a difference sight makes. They say to train with what you plan on wearing/using on race day so I might as well start now.

I can't wait to get some open water training in. If it's nice this Saturday I'm thinking I might go out to my mum's house and swim at the lake near her house.


Running/Walking

So my body is definitely saying that running is not an option. My knees just can't handle it. From all the research I have done, and based on the diagnosis that my doctor gave me, it will clear up, I just have to be patient and work on strengthening the muscles that support my knees. I will be getting myself a knee brace for my left knee right quick since it's in the worst shape, the right knee I think is doing alright. My patella just needs a little extra help to track properly until my muscles are ready to take that job over.

So anyway, today I was able to get in a good 25 minutes around the track, and I did about 2km. I'm happy with that, all things considered.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home