Friday, July 8

Sick and Ill

Today is another rest day. I am not feeling too hot, so I'm thinking what might have been signs of over training were actually signs of me fighting some bug. Now I'm all for sleeping in, but it's so much different when you have to vs when you want to. I woke up at 6:30 convinced that I slept in and in a panic. Guess I'm getting used to my alarm going off at 5:30, and I think I like it (I know, I'm sick).

I'm currently dealing with being tired, my tummy isn't too happy, and I have this constant feeling like any moment my throat is going to start being sore. My resting heart rate has settled down to what it normally is (64 bpm at the moment, I hope to lower that) so that's one good thing. I'm hoping this clears up soon because I do not want to be down for too long and I know that training while sick isn't a good idea because it can just make things worse or I could end up being sick for longer, not what I want.

Tomorrow, depending on how I feel, I'm thinking of trying an open water swim out near my mum's house. It's going to be cold, but I need to get used to swimming in the great outdoors. I'm not going to have a wetsuit this season so I had damn well get used to swimming in cold water. The wetsuit can come next year, provided I am still enthusiastic (read: crazy) enough to want to continue punishing my mind and body in this manner.

I am itching to get back to training. I should try to remember this current feeling, it would come in handy on those cold, wet days where I don't want to get out of bed and go swim, I don't want to run in the rain, and the idea of getting on a bike is on par with moving a mountain. I would never have thought that I would ever not LOVE slacking off. Well... I do love slacking off, but I miss working out. Great. Now I'm confused.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home