Saturday, June 3

Okay, I am going to admit, right out, that I've had a few pints in me tonight, but I originally started this post this afternoon, before the beer started to flow so this really is not beer induced thinking, but the spelling and rambling totally is.

Ahem.

I've talked to a lot of people about my move and TGRTE ('06) and a lot of people just don't get it. They don't understand why I would want to travel so far in only a few weeks. From the discussions I have had I have decided that people are either mostly deistination oriented or journey oriented. I, myself, am mostly destination oriented. I really like the idea of getting to a place, a time, a goal, whatever, but this trip is different for me. This trip is all about the journey. I am so excited about seeing EVERYTHING. It's not about getting to a place and stopping and exploring, it's all about the journey. I have no idea what it's like to be on the road, alone, for weeks on end. I am looking forward to finding out. Not a lot of people really understand that.

It's hard to believe that in just over 4 weeks I will be off on my big adventure.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home