Tuesday, January 19

Down to the Nitty Gritty

So. Now we're all caught up, this is where I show the bloom is off the rose, to some degree.

I am happy, over the moon, and everything is better than I ever imagined it would be. That said it's also way harder than I imagined. So much depends on having an address, which I don't have. It's hard to get anything done, from opening a bank account to getting a driver's licence. Things I need, and can't get.

Just trying to navigate the information out there, to get something like my National Insurance Number, is a pain. There's information for citizens that have lived here forever, and there's information for immigrants, there isn't information for citizens who have immigrated, which is what I am. Lather, rinse, repeat for everything you want to find information on.

I've been looking for work since I landed here. I have applied to more jobs than I can count. I've been invited to a handful of interviews. So far, no job. That's hard on the ego, for sure. I haven't had this much trouble finding a job since I entered the job market after high school. I've applied for jobs all over the country. It's not like I'm being picky about where I go, there's just more people than there are jobs right now.

It's also hard living in a hostel. I'm lucky that the hostel I'm currently in is quiet right now. It's their off season. I've found a nice routine with the manager, and we've become friends. I like the town I'm in, and it's pretty easy to get into the city if I need to go. But I'm so looking forward to being able to unpack, to have a little place that's just mine. I'm really looking forward to sending for my cats.

Everyday is hard, and tiring and trying. Despite all of the negative, I am honestly happier than I have ever been in my life. I am so glad I picked up and moved. Best thing I ever could have done.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home