Wednesday, December 16

New York, New York

The day I left for New York I called my mother in tears. I'd been traveling for a few weeks already and I was exhausted. I was also about to leave Canada for good. I was really, really leaving. It all kind of hit me at once. It was really hard.

I think I hit a wall by the time I got to New York. I was just so tired, both emotionally and physically. I didn't have the energy to head out and do much of anything. I went to Central Park and wandered aimlessly, got myself a hot dog and some rosted nuts from a street vender, and just watched the crowds.






A friend of mine that had lived in New York suggested a cute French bistro, The Pink Pony, so I took myself there for dinner. It was wonderful! So wonderful I stopped there for lunch the next day, before catching my flight to Scotland.

After dinner I took myself next door for a drink. I stopped at Katz's Deli, grabbed a sandwich for later. So yummy! Everytime I think about it, I want a pastrami sandwich. I would kill for one right now. *sigh*

And that was the extent of my New York adventure. I know I should have been doing all sorts of things, but the fact was, I just couldn't. It was all I could do to leave the hostel.

I was only there for 48 hours, if that. I have no regrets. One day I will go back. It was just a stepping stone. Glad I saw what I did.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home