Thursday, November 5

Hello from Scotland!

I'm here! At long last!

I have had an amazing couple of months.

First stop was Vancouver Island. What an amazing month that was. I am so glad I went and spent a good chunk of time up there. I saw bears, and deer, and lakes and ocean, and it was all so damn beautiful.






My first weekend up I went camping for a couple of nights. I headed up to a little town called Zeballos. I camped right on the edge of the ocean.




When I first got up there I was a little concerned, it was a bit quiet up there, and bears are really common. I was hoping to not get eaten. As I was setting up my tent I heard a sound, something along the lines of a snorting kind of sound. I was convinced it was a bear on the beach. My first instinct wasn't to run away, or to gather up my things and prepare to head out, no. My first instinct was to run directly towards the sound to investigate it! Turns out it wasn't a bear at all, but a whale! There was a humpback whale fishing right in front of me! I spent a few hours watching as it breached over and over. I tried to get a photo, but to no avail. It is one of the most amazing things I have ever seen.



While I was watching the whale, I also managed to catch a seal and a seagull fighting over a fish. When the seal had won, the seagull called over one of its buddies and the two of them started to harass the seal. It was pretty cool to watch.




The rest of my trip wasn't nearly as exciting. I traveled up to Port Hardy, and Port Alice, I went to Telegraph Cove, just saw stuff to see stuff kinda thing. It was pretty great. I had a super relaxing trip, with no access to the internet, or cell phone, nothing to bother me. I was sad when it was over. I'm going to miss being able to head up there whenever I like.


1 Comments:

At 4:39 p.m. , Anonymous jasmin said...

I miss ya lady! I have been wondering how things are going.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home