Thursday, May 28

Time keeps on slippin' slippin' slippin'...

I have three more nights in Alberta and then I'm done. Gone. Leaving.

How on earth did that happen? This is really happening. I am really moving away.

Yesterday was my last day of work. I managed to keep my shit together all day, which was a miracle. I don't know how I did it. It was really hard saying goodbye to everybody. They've informed such a huge part of my world over the last three years. I've been really lucky to work with such a great group of people. I hope I get as lucky in the future.

Last night was the night I said goodbye to one of my dearest friends. We've known eachother since high school. We were 14 when we met. We've been through the darkest times, and the best times. We helped eachother survive.

We sat out on his deck, had a beer, and talked about old times, the future, and basically just being awed by how far we both have come. It was all I could do to get out the door without loosing it. I am going to miss him fiercely.

Now I am sitting in my apartment, with what is left of my belongings trying to sort through all my crap. I'm at the stage where I am just throwing everything out. It's all gotta go! I feel so guilty do that. My great grandmother must be spinning in her grave right now. I might need this stuff one day! What will I do when the end times come and I don't have all 300 of my bobbypins and every pill vial from the last year?! Heavens!

*sigh*

This is all proof that baby steps will get you somewhere eventually. I am just a few baby steps away from the Big Leap.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home