Wednesday, May 13

The End is Nigh!

I am in the OMG PANIC! stages of moving out of Calgary. 18 more days to go! And to think, this is just the first half of The Big Move.

There are some interesting things about moving out of the country that I have recently learned, or figured out. First would be obvious, but maybe not.

My doctor gave me copies of my surgeon referral letters (for my tonsils), and my latest blood work, including what medication(s) I am currently on. It's one thing to be able to have your records transfered from one place to another, but it's very, very helpful to walk into a doctor's office, hand over your current info and go from there, without waiting for the transfer (and I don't know how that will look, since I've never transfered records from one country to another. There may be hiccups) and then, finally, getting on the meds/course of treatment you need.

The second is way less obvious. Taxes. While looking at what to do with my pension when I leave my employer, I stumbled across a form you can fill out to declare to the Canada Revenue Agency that you are no longer a resident of Canada.

These are things that you aren't told about in the "So You're Moving Out of the Country" handbook that doesn't exist.

Now I just need to get my Canadian passport sorted, finish packing/tossing my personal belongings, find a place for my cats to live for the next seven months, and I should be good to go!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home