Tuesday, December 16

Take another picture with your click, click, click, click camera

Years ago, many, many years ago, I wanted to grow up to be a photographer. Then reality set in, I simply couldn’t afford to go to college, never mind to art college. Then my camera was stolen, and I couldn’t afford to replace it, and photography went by the wayside.

I used to be the annoying person, always with a camera in hand, pointed at somebody, way back before digital cameras. I miss it. I had a camera in my hand so often that my friends just got used to it. Once people get used to having a camera always around they stop posing for the camera and you start to get really amazing photos. I really miss that.

Recently a picture was posted of a friend of mine, somebody I have photographed extensively in the past. It’s one of those photos that you just wish you had been the one to take. It’s one of those photos where, not only are you seeing into the subject, but the subject is seeing into you. It’s photos like that that made me fall in love with photography in the first place.

My first love has always been portraits. None of that Sears crap, but true, real, honest portraits. I’ve often wished I could follow my friends around for a month or so just taking photos.

For my birthday next month, I am hoping to buy myself a digital SLR and start pissing people off again.

I really, really miss it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home