Tuesday, June 9

Home again, home again, dancing a jig

So I'm home.

Only, it doesn't feel like home.

I'm wondering why I'm back.

I know why I decided to move home for the summer. I wanted to assuage any guilt I felt at moving overseas. I've only managed to make myself feel nostalgic, and displaced.

Everything is just a memory of home, but not home. My mum's house feels nothing like home. It's like I never lived here. Hell, it feels like the mum I know never lived here. That's an odd feeling.

Everywhere I go, everything is the same, and not. This is a world I inhabited a lifetime ago. It's all ghosts and memories. My future is not here.

I'm itching to get out of here. I don't know what I was thinking, spending the whole summer here. I never should have come back.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home