Monday, February 25

Adventures in Bureaucracy

So every time I think I'm close to getting this whole passport thing sorted out something comes up.

The UK passport application requires me to declare any previous or current passports I have possessed, UK or foreign. It also asks me if I have attached the passport and if I have not attached the passport why. It then tells me that if I have not attached the passport I am required to fill out an LS01 form which is a form for lost or stolen passports.

I did not lose my passport nor was it stolen. I require my Canadian passport for travel to the US during the time it will take my UK passport application to be processed. The form just does not pertain to me.

So I am going to attach copies of my passport, including the stamped pages, and a letter explaining why I did not include the Canadian passport as well as why there is no LS01 form attached.

I just hope that does the trick.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home