Thursday, February 21

Two steps forward, one step back

I have finally managed to get the whole passport situation sorted out and I should be sending off my documents and application next week. The cat's have had their blood tests. So in the next month or so I will know if the cats can travel and if I will need to report to Ottawa for an interview or not.

Everything is moving forward!

Or not.

There have been a LOT of unexpected expenses in the last two months. Expenses that have drained half of my money for my move. I'm not saying that I can't replace the funds by September but it's not looking good. Calgary is not the ideal place to save money.

Over the next 5 months I will have to take a good long hard look at what my real departure date will be. There are some trips that I have planned over the next 8 months that I'm just not willing to give up. I'm going to Vancouver for my mum's 2 year cake, I promised to visit my (step)dad this summer and as part of that trip out I will be attending a friend's wedding (so damn excited), and I've also promised to go to Ottawa and Minnesota, and I'm just as excited about that as I am about moving. So if it means I don't leave until January, or if it means I need to get a part time job and work my ass off, then so be it. But for right now, I officially don't know when I will be leaving.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home