Wednesday, February 6

After a long, ongoing battle with anxiety and depression I decided I had no other options left to me and I started taking medication. It's amazing what a couple of months on meds and therapy can do to a girl.

I've learned a lot about myself and I am continuing to learn.

One of the things I am going to have to learn is that not everybody is going to be able to understand what it's like to deal with chronic anxiety and depression. Not everybody is going to understand that the reason I live my life the way I do is it is the only way I am able to get from one day to the next. I have to come to terms with the idea that no matter how much I lay it out for somebody, draw them a roadmap, they are just not going to get it.

Not everybody is going to even want to try.

Now that I am older and wiser and I've stopped listening to the people that say medication isn't the answer (well it's not, it's just a big part of it), and that I should just get over it, get out more, get some exercise, that's it's all in my head (well... it kinda is I guess), I am finally starting to get my shit together and I'm finally feeling... I dunno... normal?

It feels good, even if it means bridges are burning as I go.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home