Sunday, October 8

When everything was new

Normally around this time of year I am busy planning my birthday. This year my birthday plans are firmly in the hands of my mum. So instead of sitting and planning my birthday I've decided to pick out my birthday present. Normally my birthday present is a trip, usually to Washington, one year it was Quebec City, but since my trip is already settled, I had to come up with something else.

My birthday presents to myself must always follow strict rules:

1. It must be something somebody else would never get me
2. It must be something I really, really, really want
3. It must be something completely impractical

Since my impending birthday is my 30th, I figured I should get myself something really, extra impractical. Something stupidly expensive. Something I am going to love.

I've decided to buy myself a handbag.

Anybody that knows me knows that I love handbags. I have many, many handbags. What most people don't know is that I have been a very, very, very good girl and I have managed to not purchase a single handbag in the last year. I have managed to stick to what I have.

I am currently eyeing a Coach bag, but I plan on pouring myself into the search for the perfect, frivolous, impractical, most beautiful handbag, the way I normally pour myself into planning my birthday trip.

4 Comments:

At 12:03 p.m. , Anonymous Anonymous said...

When you decide what company you are going to buy your handbag from, let me know. I'll contribute a gift certificate so that you are closer to your ultimate bag!

 
At 8:28 p.m. , Blogger Dawn Z(ed) said...

You're on!

I've got my eye on a Kate Spade bag, but Coach has such lovely bags... *sigh* handbags are so lovely...

 
At 10:02 p.m. , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I remember you fantasizing about Coach bags years ago....you should get one of those. You deserve one!

 
At 11:20 a.m. , Blogger Dawn Z(ed) said...

It's a possability.

Interestingly enough, the Coach bags I've been looking at are less expensive than the Kate Spade bag I have my eye on.

Shit. I might have to buy both...

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home