Sunday, September 10

I'm the coffee not the sleep

It's interesting how every day life gets in the way of being terrified of change.

I was making dinner tonight and it suddenly struck me that I wasn't afraid of my big move. I know it sounds odd. Before I moved I wasn't scared or worried because I was so focused on my vacation. I arrived here and I was focused on finding work, and then life just started kicking in. It's odd.

Calgary doesn't yet feel like home, but Vancouver never really felt like home either.

There are some very interesting differences I've noticed between Calgary and Vancouver.

1. The traffic. People here have no idea what bad traffic is like. Their bad traffic is average traffic in Vancouver. Rush hour still exists here, not rush day. It's unreal.

2. Getting Hitched. Nobody is single. 99% of people I have met are married or in a serious relationship. It's odd. People in Vancouver get married at a later age than in Calgary it seems, and more people seem to be married. I know plenty of people that have been dating for years but marrage just isn't an issue. People get married a lot out here.

3. Work Ethic. Shit do people work hard out here. They play hard too, but man do they work hard.

4. Booze. I miss the variety of beer. Alberta doesn't have the same amount of breweries that BC does, and it show. I like the idea of private liquor stores, but I loved that I could search the BC Liquor Board's website and find out which store had a particular product in stock.

I'm still loving it here. I miss the ocean but not Vancouver. I miss my mum. It's lonley here, but no more lonely than Vancouver was. I feel potential here.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home