Wednesday, August 16

I'm so joyful that I have found you

There were a few things about my trip I found surprising.

The area around Prince George is surrounded by red forests. There are almost no green trees anywhere. The pine beetle has destroyed every tree in sight. You read about it in the papers, you see the reports on TV, but until you see it, you have no idea just how bad the situation is. The sad thing is, the forest looks beautiful. Tragic beauty. I really wish I had thought to take pictures of it.

Another thing that surprised me was CBC radio. I had forgotten how fantastic CBC Radio One is. Radio One was the only station I was able to get in most places, if there was radio at all. I'm now hooked. It will take a lot to pull me away from it. Radio Two is almost dead to me now, though I'll still listen to Brave New Waves via the internet's Eastern feed.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home