Wednesday, August 16

Day 15 - 18: La Conner to Seattle

When I arrived in La Conner I knew it would be my first real access to the outside world. I would still be in my own little world, but I would have cell reception and access to the intarwebnets again.

I checked into the inn, and I was stunned with just how fantastic everything was. The bed was so damn cozy, my room smelled amazing, and I wasn’t in the middle of nowhere! Even in the middle of the heatwave my room wasn’t too hot. The only problem I had was getting into bed. It was a very tall bed and I am a very short girl and I have very badly burned legs that screamed in pain when I bent my knees. I managed.

The first thing I did was take a cool shower. After 17 years in the customs line, and all the driving, with the heat, I needed it.

Everything was just perfect.

And then the outside world came crashing in on my vacation.

My room had wifi access so I decided to make use of it and started to download that last couple weeks worth of email.

My inbox contained bad news. Very unhappy bad news.

The world was now missing one very amazing, very talented, very special and very loved person.

It was very hard to wrap my head around. It didn’t make sense, and it sure as hell was not fair.

So I did the only thing I could think to do, I went out for a drink.

I spent the rest of my time in La Conner in a bit of a daze.

I enjoyed myself as much as I could. I had a lovely massage, and a facial, I ate some very amazing food and I spent a good deal of time wandering around. I was pretty much just killing time until I had to leave. I knew that once I got to Seattle, reality would really set in, and I wasn’t quite ready for that.

I took no pictures. I have no postcards. From that point on my vacation was over, now it was just about getting to Seattle and then getting to Calgary. I wanted to go home.

The morning I had to leave for Seattle went by in a flash. The drive to Seattle seemed to take forever.

It was hard, that final drive to Seattle.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home