Wednesday, August 9

Day 7 – 8 Smithers to Woss

I woke up late. I didn’t care. I just knew that I needed to sleep, so I didn’t bother to set an alarm, even if I had to drive 13 hours to get to mum’s.

I made the mistake of checking out of my motel at the front office. I should have just left my key in my room and walked away, but no, I needed to get a postcard for my trip collection.

The owner of the motel was an older gentleman that tried to convince me I should move to Smithers and take over his business. He spent an hour explaining to me how it would all work, how I would end up taking over the business, and how I would own it all when he retired. He was serious.

An hour.

I finally managed to get away.

The rest of the drive home was uneventful. I made it home to mum’s and it was great to see her and Billiam (god I can’t wait to go pick him up at the end of this month!), and it was great to sleep in her super soft, extra comfy, bed. Such a good sleep.

The next morning I woke up, had a shower (oh the joys of running water!) and off I went to catch the ferry to Nanaimo. I basically pulled up to the ferry terminal and drove right on the ferry. The ferry even left on time!

The ferry ride went by in a flash compared to the ferry to the Charlottes.

The drive up to Woss was uneventful. I did, however, get to see yet another deer, and an RV the size of a bus in the ditch.

I was glad to finally get to Woss, knowing I wouldn’t have to move from there for 6 whole days. It wasn’t the same without Chase though. I swear I kept hearing her tags rattling.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home