Friday, September 29

Lit to pop and nobody is gonna stop

Originally this blog was set up to chronical my misadventures in triathlon training. Just before I was set to pack everything up and head out for my first race, I fell off my couch and sprained 4 of my fingers, my wrist and bruised my chest. I am talented people. Pure talent.

2006 was a bust in terms of training because I was so focused on moving to Calgary that I was working two jobs and since training for a tri is a job unto itself, I simply didn't have the time.

Until now.

I have nothing but time.

I just found out that the organization I work for hosts a sprint triathlon every year. I am seriously considering working towards it. The great thing about working here is that I have free access to the rec centre. I swim three times a week on my lunch break simply because I can (though I would swim simply because I love swimming).

Why not?

I've been giving major thought to getting a new bike since mine doesn't actually exist anymore, so all I'd need is a trainer for the long, cold, winter months. There's an indoor track at work, so basically I'd be set.

I think I'll set the goal, and when I'm two months out see how I feel, if I could do it, and if I feel like I can, I'm going to sign up and go for it.

This blog might be getting back to its roots.

Or I could just be building castles in the sky.

1 Comments:

At 11:27 p.m. , Anonymous Anonymous said...

That would be awesome if you did this triathalon! Go Dawn Go!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home