Monday, March 20

We dare to hold on to our fate

Things are falling into place. I am getting more and more focused, my attitude is good, things are going better than I could hope, for the time being at least.

Work (both jobs) are going along swimmingly. It's hard going at this pace (60+ hours a week) , but I only have, at most, 20 more weeks of it (though I am aiming for 16 weeks. I can't wait until I get to start counting in days!), and keeping in mind that it's such a short amount of time, in the big picture, is what keeps me going.

In the next couple of weeks I need to start looking at when I am going to drive my belongings out to Calgary, looking into renting storage space, and start boxing up the stuff I want to get rid of/sell, and just generally sorting out my crap. Because I am working so much, the time I'm not working needs to be used constructively.

I'm thinking about taking my stuff out to Calgary at the beginning of June. I'm going to be housesitting for the last three weeks of June and the first week of July, and I don't really want to spend the last couple of weeks I'm in Vancouver running around trying to sort out everything, including the transportation of my stuff. It gives me one less thing to worry about, and it also means I could give up my apartment sooner, which will save me some big money. Since I'm only moving my bed and books and a few other items, I can still comfortably stay in my apartment until I am ready to leave for good. My couch converts into a lovely bed, so if I have to sleep on it for two weeks, so be it. Whatever isn't sold will be given away to charity.

I've decided that even though there is little planning left to be done, I need to set up some deadlines and stick to them. I know me, and I, if left to my own devices, will wait until the last moment to do everything leaving me stressed out and in tears.

By May 15th:

  • Date will be set for transportation of stuff to Calgary

  • Rental space will be lined up

  • Cargo van will be rented


By the June 1st:

  • My belongings will be safely stored in Calgary

  • I will have given notice to my landlords about my impending move

  • My date of departure from Vancouver will be set

  • Summer Vacation plans will be set


By July 1st:

  • Notice will be given at least one job, hopefully both

  • Day of arrival in Calgary will be set

  • Daily countdown to Summer Vacation '06 will commence



By July 15th:

  • Everything I own that is left in Vancouver will either be sold, given away, or stored with Mum until I get back to Vancouver from Summer Vacation '06

  • I will stop sleeping due to excitement

  • Given notice at work if not already done so

  • Daily countdown to my arrival in Calgary will commence



Of course that time line is for Plan A: The Ideal Plan. If I go with Plan B, the only thing that really will change is by July 1st I will have quit both my jobs, all my stuff will be gone and 5 days later I will be in Seattle. and by July 15th I will be leaving Vancouver for Calgary.

Now that's it posted and made public, I have no excuses if it doesn't get done.

Damn.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home