Thursday, May 31

Monkey Wrench

Fuck.

Fuck fuckity fuck fuck.

I came home to a lovely notice stating that my rent is going to increase as of September 1st. It will be increasing 37%. With this increase a full 45% of my income will go to rent. This does not include my utilities, or other bills.

Calgary is out of control.

If things do not improve in the next 6 months I will have to move back home and start over. I can not afford to have almost half of every dollar I make go towards putting a roof over my head.

I'm glad I moved here, I'm glad I've had this opportunity but I don't know how long I can afford to keep living here. I know I'm not the only one. I wonder how long Calgary can survive this economic climate before it implodes.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home