Monday, May 21

I spread my love like a fever

Long weekends always screw me up. This weekend has been no different.

I feel like I've fallen into a hole. I fell into a hole filled with music. I've spent about 80% of my weekend listening to music. Stuff that is new to me (I'm seriously in love with Black Rebel Motorcycle Club, in a bad way) and stuff that takes me way back to the days when I was just starting to discover music that had nothing to do with my mum (Sons of Freedom and Moxy Früvous own my teenage soul).

Music is absolutely food for the soul. I've been feeling a little off lately. I've been leaning a little more to the dark side rather than the light. It's amazing what an iPod full of really good music can do to a mood.

The last three days has been a virtual buffet of music. It started out with a little Cloud Cult, and Klaxons. Then I decided I needed to listen to some old stuff, so I hopped into the wayback machine and pulled out the Lagwagon, No Use For a Name, Moxy Früvous. Then I went nuts for all things Canadian, Sons of Freedom, Me Mom & Morgentaler, 13 Engines, The Odds, Propagandhi, Huevos Rancheros, throw in a little of The Guess Who…

I’ve spent three days inside music. It's been a good weekend, but man will it be hard to get back to reality.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home