Sunday, April 22

The bloom upon my misery

It has been one hell of a week.

My trip home was long and stressful, work crapped on me, and I'm living in a bomb site.

I seriously need to do some house work. My suitcase threw up all over my livingroom.

I had so much fun in Nanaimo. I drank really bad beer, I ate really good food, I bought a lot of tea and I just had a great time hanging out with my friend Chris. I got to ride a ferry! That's always fun! I'm sad that I wasn't able to buy my favourite tea, but I now I have a mission to set out on, so it gives my life some focus.

Vancouver dropped a steaming pile of nostaliga on my head. We can never escape our past. It was a hard visit for a number of reasons. While I was in town I found out a girl I used to be really good friends with died in 2005. It hit me pretty hard. It could very easily have been me. We were both headed down the same road, somehow mine forked at the right time.

The other thing that made it hard was dealing with my mum. We are good, and getting better, but we haven't always been good and we have a long hard road ahead of us. We are both learning how to find our way forward, learning how to talk to each other. We skirt around our past but I know that oneday we will have to sit down and discuss it.

I was glad to meet her new friends. It was nice that my mum invited me to meet them.

2 Comments:

At 2:56 p.m. , Blogger Dry Shave said...

Hmmm, sounds like you're really entering deep reflection territory. It's times like these that you remember that you are actually alive. I love these moments.

-Karen

p.s. love the new pic! It's hot.

 
At 9:09 p.m. , Blogger Dawn Z(ed) said...

Yeah, you could say that. I'd say my reflecting pool is over flowing at this point. Very unexpected. I think the older I get the more alive I feel. Wisdom is a gift bestowed by time.

Those are my new glasses that I ordered online and paid a whole $40 USD for! I love them!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home