Sunday, April 29

You know I feel so alive

Calgary was never meant to be my forever home. It was always meant to be a rest stop on the way to somewhere else. I said I would live here for two years and now that my first year is more than half over I’m already looking forward and making new plans.

I was talking to my mum tonight and I told her that I wanted to live in Scotland. She said I should do it. So I’m going to do it.

This is going to be a bigger move than my move to Calgary so it’s likely that I will need longer to plan the move. It’s going to take a minimum of 6 months to get the boys prepped for the trip. Apparently they need their own passports (proof of microchipping, various shots, etc.). I will need to put stuff in storage, plan shipping of the stuff I want to take with me, accommodation, job, getting my UK passport, and so on.

If I had the money in place I would be gone as soon as the cats could make the trip, but since it’s not I’m going to plan for approximately 18 months. . I will need to start creating a budget with a timeline and possibly getting a second job.

It’s a long way off, but it’s a goal. It’s a goal I’ve had for a long, long time. It’s about time I just got on with it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home