Sunday, February 11

Trigger For Happiness

I think I'm sitting at a crossroads.

I may have an opportunity to change careers. To go down a path that I have wanted to explore for quite some time. It means not being an administrative drone anymore. It means stepping into the unknown. It means making a choice.

One of the things I have noticed about getting older is that it becomes harder and harder to leave the comfort of the familiar. I know what I want to do. I know what I am likely to do. I also know that I am going to spend a good deal of time agonizing over the decision and that's the part that gets harder as I get older.

I can see both paths very clearly. I know that if I jump at this chance I will have to put other goals on hold for awhile. I don't know if I'm willing to do that. At the same time, if I don't jump at this chance I may never get another go, or at least not one that's pretty much handed to me on a platter.

If the job offer is serious, I really want to jump at it. I just need to figure out if I have the balls to do it.

2 Comments:

At 11:18 a.m. , Anonymous Anonymous said...

You can do it, Dawn! Just think of all of the huge steps you have taken in the last 6 or 7 months. Sometimes you weren't sure about the move to Calgary, and now you are happier than you have been in a long time. Sometimes the scariest things are what is best for us.

 
At 12:04 a.m. , Blogger jay-cawk said...

"To go down a path that I have wanted to explore for quite some time. It means not being an administrative drone anymore."

your answer is there...

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home